Hospice Medical Social Worker - Full-Time
BAYADA Hospice is currently seeking an experienced Medical Social Worker, for a full time, benefit-eligible opportunity with our Concord, New Hampshire office.
Prior medical and/or Hospice experience preferred, but not required. As a hospice Medical Social Worker, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides end of life care, affording our patients the opportunity to remain at home with comfort, grace and dignity.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration.
Making home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Assist in understanding the social and emotional factors related to our clients’ health problems.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client’s and the family’s practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multidisciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety and well-being.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care and services provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for the ideal candidate:
A minimum of a Bachelor's in Social Work. Masters in Social Work is preferred.
- Medical and/or hospice experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares, and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.