While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BAYADA’s mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization—at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you’re the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together.
Do you want to be part of providing care with the highest professional, ethical, and safety standards? Do you want to use your leadership and mentoring skills to make a difference in people’s lives? We’re BAYADA Home Health Care—a leading home health care company—and we believe that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Your important work will help ensure that our clients come first and that our BAYADA caregivers have the support they need to be successful. In this growing and dynamic environment, we offer exciting career paths for nurses like you.
Clinical Associates at BAYADA learn to lead field staff in delivering exceptional client service and quality clinical care while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures. As part of the team, your role would consist of visiting clients in their homes and supervising field clinicians. You will also be accountable for internal case management and evaluation and development of field staff. Responsibilities will also include assisting with in-home client assessments and completing the care planning process by providing clinical insight and support for your team. This position is a combination of being able to work both with patients and office staff.
- Current RN license in good standing
- Minimum two years recent and verifiable clinical and managerial experience within a Medicare Certified Home Health agency
- Strong assessment and organizational skills
- Prior supervisory experience with field staff, and experience with clinical oversight (including OASIS and ICD-9 Coding), monitoring quality assurance, and overall case management
- Demonstrated successful track record of working independently while taking on increased or diverse responsibilities
- Ambition to grow and advance beyond current position
- Solid communication and PC skills (bilingual in Spanish and English a plus)
- Comprehensive salary
- Medical / Dental / Prescription / Vision
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k with company match
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.