While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BAYADA’s mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization, at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you’re the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together.
This is an unpaid position.
BAYADA Hospice is looking for Volunteers in CHITTENDEN COUNTY!
BAYADA Hospice is looking for compassionate, caring individuals to provide companionship and support for our patients and their families. Our Colchester, VT office serves patients in Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, and Washington counties in Vermont.
At BAYADA Hospice, we believe that our clients and their families deserve care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Your important work will help ensure that our clients come first and that our BAYADA caregivers have the support they need to be successful.
Volunteers Opportunities may include:
- Providing companionship and friendship to clients.
- Providing caregiver relief.
- Providing a hand to hold and a warm heart.
- Giving emotional support.
- Playing games.
- Reading to a patient.
- Sharing special talents, such as music or art.
- Assisting with clerical work and other office tasks.
- Preparing light meals.
- Doing light housekeeping.
Why volunteer with BAYADA Hospice?
- Become involved in your community.
- Make a difference in the lives of others.
- Be part of a caring and compassionate team of hospice professionals.
- Participate in free training and support.
- Add to your professional development.
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Have a criminal background check completed, as per state requirements.
- Meet all state requirements for volunteers, where applicable.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, military status, or any other similarly protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.