While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BAYADA’s mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization, at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you’re the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together.
This is an unpaid position.
BAYADA Hospice is looking for Volunteers in New Castle County!
BAYADA Hospice is currently seeking candidates for our Volunteer, Hospice position to be a part of our team in our office located in Wilmington, Delaware. This office services clients in territories throughout New Castle.
Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you have a compassionate heart and a drive to help people? At BAYADA Hospice, we believe that our clients and their families deserve care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Your important work will help ensure that our clients come first and that our BAYADA caregivers have the support they need to be successful. The Volunteer, Hospice Services is a member of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) who provides assistance to clients, families, and caregivers with home management, emotional support, and other supportive tasks related to terminal illness and end of life.
Volunteers Needed For:
- Assistance with home management tasks.
- Providing companionship and friendship to clients.
- Providing caregiver relief.
- Specialty areas: Music Therapy, Reiki, Massage, Pet Therapy, Craft Volunteer, End of Life Doula
- Sharing special talents, such as music or art.
- Providing assistance as a transport escort, as needed.
- Assisting with clerical work and other office tasks.
- Memorial Service Planning.
- Bereavement support to loved ones.
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Have a criminal background check completed, as per state requirements.
- Meet all state requirements for volunteers, where applicable.
- Meet the BAYADA requirements and state regulations for the discipline, if providing professional services.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, military status, or any other similarly protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.