BAYADA At Inspira | Home Health & Hospice is seeking a On Call Manager, RN, to manage all contact made to the hospice service office from clients, clients’ families, referral sources and prospective employees on the weekends (Saturdays and Sundays, from 8:30am to 7:30pm); to triage all client care issues; to coordinate service delivery to hospice clients by on-call field staff; and to maintain record of all “after hours” communication in client’s electronic medical record.
Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives? We’re BAYADA At Inspira | Home Health & Hospice—a leading home health care company—and we believe that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. We want you to apply your energy and skills to this dynamic environment and become an integral part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care to our clients.
- Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way: compassion, excellence and reliability.
- Holds a current license in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) of practice.
- Graduate of an accredited and approved nursing program as indicated by school transcript or diploma, BSN
preferred, and required based on state regulations.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of recent, verifiable, related clinical experience, with at least one (1) year in
hospice, palliative or home care.
- Demonstrated record of strong interpersonal skills.
- Achieves a passing score on the appropriate Nursing exam and all competency tests required for the Hospice
- Completed criminal background and federal/state program exclusions checks.
- Competence in basic PC skills required to perform job functions.
- Wonderlic score greater than or equal to twenty four (24).
- Acceptable results on Profile XT.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
- Demonstrate and communicate the core values of BAYADA Home Health Care and The BAYADA Way.
- Respond to all calls promptly and with outstanding customer service. Professionally represent BAYADA
Hospice to all callers.
- Knowledgeably and successfully handle incoming service inquiries and care coordination calls.
- Arrange and initiate services for new and readmitted clients.
- Provide clinical guidance and judgment to field staff to promote understanding of and response to client’s
- Accept incoming telephone calls, or other electronic communication, from patients, family members, caregivers,
referral sources or facility staff.
- Assess any information provided and recommend appropriate nursing interventions.
- Consult with interdisciplinary team members indicated to determine appropriate interventions and make
- Effectively make staffing changes and replace field staff that cannot make their scheduled hours.
- Handle complaints and incidents with discretion and good judgment and document accordingly.Deal effectively with emergencies and document accordingly.
- Answer prospect inquiries and qualify prospects for employment.
- Maintain long term trusting relationships with clients and staff.
- Effectively communicate with all parties – client, family, staff, referral source, facility, as appropriate.
- Document all calls and on-call activity accurately and properly.
- Complete HCHB workflow as assigned.
- Accurately report all information to the office staff at the designated time.
- Contact on-call field staff when a situation requires nursing intervention/visit.
- Coordinate services specific for hospice (e.g. when client dies, medications, DME, etc)
- Provide complete, accurate, and timely clinical documentation of on-call activity in the client’s electronic
medical record; effectively communicate all on-call activity to office staff per the standardized process; provide
outstanding customer service to office staff.
- Perform related duties, or as required or requested by supervisor
BAYADA at Inspira is the result of an affiliation between BAYADA Home Health Care and Inspira Health Network. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities from more than 300 offices in 22 states. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader.