BAYADA Home Health Care is seeking a Quality Assurance Director, Hospice to join the Quality & Standards Group located in our Pennsauken, NJ Global Support Center. This unique leadership opportunity will serve as an integral member of the team that works as a trusted advisor to bring a systematic and disciplined approach to risk management and quality assurance activities. This is achieved by independently and objectively evaluating adherence to regulations, policies and standards, while providing guidance on performance improvement activities.
The Quality Assurance Director, Hospice, will be responsible for the development, communication, execution, reporting and analysis of quality assurance activities related to clinical, operational, contractual and compliance surveys for the entire Hospice practice.
About BAYADA: Founded in 1975, BAYADA Home Health Care has a special purpose - to help people have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors worldwide.
- Supervisory responsibilities include: Interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints & resolving issues.
- Work with the Compliance Committee, Quality Council and Specialty Practices to identify key risk areas and develop risk assessments by practice.
- Develop, create and execute an annual QA plan by specialty practice, including identification and testing of key requirements based on key risk areas.
- Meet travel requirements for completion of annual QA plan based on geographic location and survey schedule.
- Perform follow-up/remediation testing if deemed necessary.
- Track progress of annual QA plan and report QA results to customers in a timely manner.
- Identify trends and best practices and recommend enhancements to processes or standards to support mitigation of risk and improvement of quality.
- Track progress and remediation of Plan of Correction (POC) and Performance Improvement (PI) activities related to quality.
- Adapt to specialty practice needs and promote evidence-based practice, cultural competency, and current clinical procedures.
- Research and interpret standards to promote consistency of surveying and communication between QA team and practice resources.
- Manage or perform additional compliance, operational or financial audits or projects at the direction of Senior Management. Coordinate with external vendors and 3rd parties as necessary.
- Act as a member of related committees and participate in quality related projects or training throughout the organization.
- Determine frequency, location, audit methodology and staffing levels required to execute QA plan(s).
- Ensure objectivity & appropriate competence/skill of QA staff.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of relevant regulations, laws, accreditation standards, policies and industry trends and understand their potential impact on BAYADA.
- Prepare project plans, status reports, meeting minutes and coordinate tasks within expected timelines.
- Identify personal learning needs and address them by actively pursuing opportunities to expand knowledge and skillset.
- Manage workload and adhere to deadlines while providing exceptional customer service to service/support office personnel.
While the Director position is based out of Pennsauken, NJ, travel will be required.
- Four (4) year college degree required.
- Must be a licensed Registered Nurse (RN).
- Five (5) to seven (7) years directly related experience in QA, compliance, regulatory.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of Hospice regulations.
- Competent to read and interpret documents such as general business periodicals and professional journals.
- Ability to work independently, motivate and be self-motivated, flexible, versatile and creative.
- Possess problem solving and leadership skills and be able to foster interpersonal relationships.
- Competent to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, directors and clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where some standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- A wide degree of creativity, initiative and problem solving is expected.
- Must be computer proficient; Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.