Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a fast-growing industry? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives while you grow your career and learn the business? We’re BAYADA Home Health Care—a leading home health care company—and we believe that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. We want you to apply your energy and skills to this dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and become an integral part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care to our clients.
Our Adult Reimbursement Services group located in Pennsauken, NJ is looking for a Reimbursement Associate to join our Reimbursement Services team. Benefits include growth potential with a values-based organization, competitive salary and insurances, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with a company match.
- Demonstrates and communicates the core values of BAYADA and The BAYADA Way
- Answer telephones, greet visitors and generate correspondence as necessary for office needs.
- Prints insurance data form and updates client screen for new accounts where appropriate. Updates existing accounts when information changes
- Checks bill for accuracy. This includes verifying bill type, ID #, proper HCPCS/CPT 4 and revenue codes. Checks contract or negotiated rates and discounts. Makes sure that all necessary bill fields are completed legibly. Corrects bills as needed. Does retypes and payroll corrections when requested. Faxes corrections to service office.
- Co-ordinates and follows up with other teams for billing of other insurances as needed; does transfer where appropriate.
- Checks for completeness of attachments. Enters any incomplete bills on the late list.
- Coordinates with collector in rebilling claims as needed. 8. Quickly informs service of any unusual circumstances that effect reimbursement such as policy termination, etc.
- Adheres to Collection office policy and procedure guidelines, including completing all weekly bills or places bills on the late list by 3:00 on Wednesday.
- Brings required bill to changes to the supervisor’s attention.
- Advises supervisor of computer generated inaccuracies or required program changes.
- Responds to service office requests for information and corrections in a timely manner.
- Maintains billing files in a neat and organized manner.
- Documents client file notes clearly and concisely as needed.
- Maintains acceptable standards of attendance, punctuality, dependability and productivity
- Manages portfolio of patient accounts.
- Processes billing and submits invoices to insurance companies and other payers.
- Reviews payer documentation for appropriate payments and bills for co-pays as necessary.
- Contacts payers to resolve underpayments and denials.
- Coordinates with service offices, including identification and correction of billing issues.
- Advises service offices of significant payment issues and insurance benefit changes.
- Reviews payment and discount posting and performs transfers as necessary.
- Updates patient file with new and corrected information including documenting all collection activity in the accounts receivable system.
- Protects the integrity and confidentiality of patient and company files.
- Participates in special projects: prepares reports and presentations using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Opportunity to learn additional aspects of organization through technology training, hands-on learning, cross-training and site visits.
- Maintains knowledge base of payer billing regulations, timely filing deadlines, and payment procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Computer proficiency including, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to organize, self-motive and work independently.
- Ability to problem solve with an attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and superior customer service skills to interact effectively with service offices, clients, and payers.
- Integrity and Confidentiality are qualities required for this position.
- Reimbursement experience in a health care business office setting is a plus.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or veteran status.