BAYADA Home Health Care is dedicated to keeping people safe at home with comfort, independence, and dignity. Since 1975, caring for people at home has been our passion and gives meaning to the work we do each day. Values-based and mission driven, BAYADA is on its way to realizing its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
We are currently seeking an Entry Level Home Health & Hospice Accounting Associate to join our Accounting team in Pennsauken, NJ. Under moderate supervision, you will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions, including payroll processing, certain accounts payable and miscellaneous accounting and reporting functions related to an assigned group of divisions and/ or offices.
Payroll and Compensation:
- Maintenance and processing of new hires, terminations, and employee changes in Workday and Homecare Homebase.
- Maintenance and processing of field employee compensation in multiple systems.
- Knowledge of practice standards of pay components
- Grants access to service offices in payroll system
- Audits, processes and manages field payroll weekly
- Educating service offices on payroll best practices
- Verify payroll reports
- Employee data maintenance (W4, I9, direct deposits)
- Distribute paychecks
- Garnishment processing entry
- Customer service as it relates to W2 questions distribution
- Employment Verification
- Prepares responses to notices from government agencies regarding employee tax fillings
- Ensures that payroll-related transactions are processed in compliance with company policy
- Fields and responds to payroll inquiries and resolves discrepancies as required
- Assists with training new associates
Process Accounts Payable:
- Process invoices for payment and code to appropriate expense account
- Verify contracted services invoices for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare payments for contracted services
- Field and respond to contractor issues as needed
- Maintain company contractor payable listing and work with vendors to resolve outstanding balances
- Review expense reports and purchasing card for authorization, proper classification code and submit for payment.
- Manage outstanding purchasing card submissions and communicate with directors as needed
- Control, reconcile and replenish petty cash accounts
- Resolve any vendor discrepancies
- Manage a heavy workload and adhere to strict deadlines while providing exceptional customer service to the Responsibility Group, colleagues, and others inside and outside of the organization.
- Present oneself professionally and interact/build relationships with others in the organization including the Responsibility Group, management.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with the organization’s principal contacts including where necessary, employees, vendors, and other constituents. Represent the organization to various other organizations and the public as appropriate and necessary.
- Draft and distribute professional correspondence and announcements.
- Support the team (office and company) and provide back up as needed.
- Keep supervisor informed of any problems or issues requiring action
- Support annual audits and compliance reviews, as needed.
- Demonstrate flexibility regarding assigned tasks.
Learn various aspects of the organization through technology training, hands-on learning, cross training and site visits.
- Four (4) year college degree in Accounting or related field with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- One (1) to three (3) years related experience.
- Prior health care and home care experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated record of strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated record of goal achievement.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment balancing multiple client requests simultaneously.
- Ability to arrange information and files in a useful manner.
- Knowledge of a variety of office practices, operation of office equipment (i.e. computers), requiring some advanced knowledge.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) applications and ability to learn various software applications required to perform job functions.
- Comprehensive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package including medical/dental/prescription/vision
- paid time off
- 401k with company match
- tuition reimbursement
- short/long term disability
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in Pennsauken, NJ BAYADA employs more than 25,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 300 offices. For more information, visit bayada.com. EOE
Payroll, accounting, accounts payable, customer service