Our Government Affairs office is seeking an Senior Associate to join our team in Philadelphia, PA. The Senior Associate, Government Affairs - Federal will support the activities of the Government Affairs Office (GAO) in its mission to represent BAYADA Home Health Care with all levels of local, state and federal government entities, regulatory agencies and community organizations; to act as a voice for our clients, their families and our employees through education, advocacy, community service and research; and to seek policies which support the development of high quality home health care services that will enable clients to remain in their homes.
- Demonstrate and communicate the core values of BAYADA and The BAYADA Way.
- Research statistics and studies that support the policy and legislative initiatives of the GAO.
- Manage GAO projects, including development, consensus building, implementation, and analyzing and reporting on progress and outcomes.
- Manages timelines and deliverables to accomplish projects and tasks.
- Assists with GAO Advocacy Center to ensure data is accurate, ; and supports the GAO Directors with the Calls to Action campaigns by developing messaging and outreach collateral; analyses of response rate data and provides recommendations on engagement.
- Manages the execution of a state-wide grassroots campaigns under the direction of GAO Director
- Analyzes and presents findings on effectiveness of initiatives and events.
- Draft fact sheets and other collateral materials used in outreach and lobbying efforts; researches and develops material messaging based on literature and best practices; coordinates with BAYADA’s Communication office to create collateral material, and reviews and approves materials and timelines.
- Support and manage strategic planning and communication of legislative days, fundraisers, and other advocacy events and projects.
- Consolidate annual and quarterly budgets for the Lotus division which includes the analysis of variances, and reports findings.
- Monitor legislation and regulations affecting BAYADA’s ability to provide home health care services.
- Educate and lobby legislators on issues of importance to BAYADA and the home health care industry.
- Represent BAYADA at state and national home health care associations, with other related health care of community groups, and with local or state-level chambers of commerce.
- Secure meetings with legislators, legislative staff and regulators for GAO staff.
- Coordinate activities for the GAO leadership.
- Develop and organize a library of State and Federal regulations.
- Performs related duties, or as required or requested by supervisor.
- Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way: compassion, excellence and reliability.
- Four (4) year college degree.
- Two (2) to three (3) years verifiable experience in health care or a related field, preferably in health care policy, advocacy, or political environment.
- Demonstrated successful implementation of advocacy efforts and campaigns.
- Working knowledge of and interest in politics and grassroots outreach campaigns utilizing best practices and innovative techniques.
- Demonstrated record of strong interpersonal skills and building relationships.
- Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Maintains solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in basic business software applications, such as MS Word, Excel, One-Note, PowerPoint, etc., required to perform job functions.
- Uses judgment and makes independent decisions based on work or educational experience for office business needs in relation to job duties.
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills, good judgment and values continued learning.
- Ability to travel and work autonomously.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight, take direction, and manage multiple projects independently to attain GAO’s goals.
- Understands and connects with the BAYADA culture.
- Competence in basic PC skills required to perform job functions and willingness to learn additional software relative to government relations support.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
- Comprehensive salary, commensurate with experience.
- benefits package including medical/dental/prescription/vision
- paid time off
- 401k with company match
- tuition reimbursement
- short/long term disability
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in Pennsauken, NJ BAYADA employs more than 20,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 300 offices. For more information, visit bayada.com. EOE