Basis Technology is a world-class text analytics company looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our expanding Engineering team. Help us build software for identifying the sentiment of text, categorizing documents, parsing sentences, determining parts of speech and do this across 55 different human languages! Come and learn knowledge-based systems, machine learning and deep learning. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will also help mentor junior team members, lead scrum teams, and participate in broad software architecture and design. Join us and help us create the next wave of software for Natural Language Processing and text analytics.
- Act as technical lead and scrum master
- Design and develop high performing mission critical software
- Focus on delivering quality code via continuous integration, testing etc
- Mentor junior team members
- Participate in agile sprint and release planning
- 5+ years' relevant work experience
- Proficient with Java
- Knowledge of computational linguistics and/or NLP a plus
- Knowledge and experience with relevant technologies such as Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene considered favorably
- Demonstrated experience working with a team to deliver software
- Bachelor's degree in a technical major preferred
- Possess the passion to design, build and polish innovative applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.