Basis Technology is the leading provider of mission critical software solutions for multilingual text analytics, identity resolution, and digital forensics. Our flagship product line, Rosette, is an integrated AI platform, applying machine learning to understand and discover business' unstructured knowledge in order to manage risk, uncover opportunities, and discover connections. We strive to delight our customers by building products that center their needs.
For over twenty-five years we’ve been the engine in some of the most powerful applications that process text to turn data into valuable knowledge and reduce risk. As the world continues to become increasingly digital, more and more companies have turned to Basis to aid in understanding their text, unlocking a period of rapid growth for our business. We’re looking for leaders excited to harness this growth and help us reach the next stage and contribute to our stellar culture and community.
Basis Technology is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our new “Growth Lab” team. You must be a well rounded software engineer with a great attitude and authentic desire to solve customers’ business problems.
You will be responsible for the design and development of data intensive web applications utilizing Rosette, our cutting edge AI and natural language processing platform. These applications will be used by our sales and marketing teams to explore new market opportunities and communicate the value of our products to our prospective clients in new ways.
For this position, we expect you to be a business-savvy engineer with an in-depth understanding of modern web technologies, SaaS products, and enterprise software development. Experience with data-intensive applications like search or natural language processing (NLP) is a huge plus. You should be well-organized, resourceful, and willing to own the successful delivery of highly technical projects.
- Design, build, and maintain full stack web applications
- Work with internal and external customers to understand needs and design solutions
- Work with product management to identify, size, and prioritize work
- Participate in agile sprint and release planning
- 5+ years professional experience on a software development team
- Strong working knowledge of Python
- Competent in SQL and with at least one major database (like Postgres or Mongo)
- Comfortable in basic shell scripting, git, and agile SDLC are assumed
- Experience working in B2B environments on data-intensive web applications
- Familiarity with data science, NLP and/or ML is a plus
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential. Additional language skills are a plus
- Located and authorized to work in the US
- Covid vaccination is required for this position with medical or religious exemptions, where allowed by law.
- An open mind, good team spirit, and passion to learn are essential
Day in the life
- This job is based at our beautiful new Somerville offices. (some remote work flexibility is available)
- You will be part of a friendly team of 6 passionate people who work collaboratively to solve problems in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- We use an agile process with 2 week sprints, daily standups, team lunches, and retrospectives that help us work better together.
- There are many opportunities for advancement and learning as we expand our business into new use cases and markets.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.