Basis Technology is the leading provider of mission critical software solutions for multilingual text analytics, identity resolution, and digital forensics. Our flagship product line, Rosette, is an integrated AI platform, applying machine learning to understand and discover business' unstructured knowledge in order to manage risk, uncover opportunities, and discover connections. We strive to delight our customers by building products that center their needs.
For over twenty-five years we’ve been the engine in some of the most powerful applications that process text to turn data into valuable knowledge and reduce risk. As the world continues to become increasingly digital, more and more companies have turned to Basis to aid in understanding their text, unlocking a period of rapid growth for our business. We’re looking for leaders excited to harness this growth and help us reach the next stage and contribute to our stellar culture and community.
We looking for an experienced Principal UX Designer to lead the design and enhance the overall quality, value, and experience of our products. You’ll partner closely with the product teams, growth lab, architects, engineers, marketing team, and operations; and you’ll be hands-on in all aspects of the user experience from understanding user requirements, building wireframes, clickable prototypes and new interaction concepts for existing products.
- Build our interaction design patterns and the look and feel of Rosette
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering and R&D to define and communicate the company’s strategic vision and high level product objectives
- Lead design planning, alignment, and collaborate work with these groups and other stakeholders from throughout the organization
- Be a passionate advocate for the user and for our brand design within the company
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Manage the Design QA process and review quality and consistency of team’s designs
- Work with our front end developers and our prototyping team, Growth Lab
- Transform ideas, user research, and vision into interactions that are clear, helpful, and facilitate desirable user outcomes
- Communicate the thinking beyond design decisions and be a passionate advocate for good interaction design
- Excellent design judgment: ability to understand customers’ goals and needs, and translate these into creative vision and interaction
- Mentor designers and front-end engineers, including contractors, at the company
- Experience working in a B2B environment with a technical product with either AI or regulated industryA deep desire to spend time talking with customers in order to build a strategic vision and strong skills communicating that vision to multiple teams and stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail and timeline
- 5+ years experience in a UX role including in managing the design process, ideally with both public and private sector customers
- Experience in an international high-performance environment with distributed teams a plus
- Located and authorized to work in the US, UK, Israel, Japan, or Canada
- Covid vaccination is required for this position with medical or religious exemptions, where allowed by law
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.