Basis Technology is the leading provider of software solutions for multilingual text analytics and digital forensics. Our forensics group is focused on providing easy to use and extensible tools to make corporate IT security, law enforcement, and other investigators more efficient.
We have an opening for a Java engineer to work on our Cyber Triage incident response software and Autopsy open source digital forensics software. You will build parsers, database code, analysis algorithms, and UIs. You'll get to work on it all (if you want). Some of your work will be released as open source software on GitHub.
- Participate in the design and implementation of our on-premise digital forensics tools, such as Cyber Triage, Autopsy and The Sleuth Kit
- Create new Java analysis modules and expand the functionality of the underlying frameworks
- Develop new APIs and Services on the google cloud platform
- Expand and maintain database access layers and REST APIs
- Build integrations with 3rd party APIs
- Develop graphical interfaces as needed
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline and at least three (3) years of related experience
- A minimum of three (3) years prior programming experience with Java or C++
- Minimum one (1) year database systems experience with SQL Server, MSSQL, PostgreSQl, or SQLite
- Experience with cyber security and digital forensics is preferred
- Working knowledge of operating system internals
- Working knowledge of data structures, threading, and algorithms
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- A proven ability to work independently and under tight timelines
- Focus on customer success and delivering value
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.