Basis Technology, the world leader in enterprise text analytics technology, is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our expanding Engineering team. Help us build software to make sense of unstructured information across 55 different human languages! Work with NLP algorithms, search engines, and data science techniques. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will improve and implement the design of components of Basis’s Rosette platform, help to drive technology strategy and identify future technology directions. Join us and help us create the next wave of software for Natural Language Processing and text analytics.
- Serve as technical lead for a key component of Basis’ platform
- Drive the future direction of components of the Basis Rosette platform
- Work with product management to identify needed software improvements
- Research and prototype new technologies to improve our platform
- Mentor junior team members
- Participate in agile sprint and release planning
- 10+ years experience in Java development
- Knowledge of computational linguistics and/or NLP a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with relevant search technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr and/or Apache Lucene a plus
- Familiarity with data science a plus
- Experience working with a team to deliver software
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferred
- A passion to design, build and polish innovative applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.