Basis Technology is seeking a Systems Engineer with experience in systems administration and scripting. You would work in our rapidly growing digital forensics group in Tyson’s Corner, VA and Bethesda, MD to support an impressive software development team that is supporting critical government projects by developing cutting-edge technology. On a daily basis, you will be working with and supported by teammates in Cambridge, MA and in Tyson’s Corner.
- Install, update, and monitor software on a distributed system.
- Write basic programs to integrate systems, monitor status, and perform basic data analysis.
- Work with software engineers to isolate and debug errors.
- Examine the enterprise workflow and identify additional areas for improvement and automation.
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN with active TS/SCI U.S. government security clearance
- 5+ years experience maintaining Microsoft Windows servers
- 3+ years basic scripting (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Ability to self-manage and organize
- Ability to pursue and troubleshoot technical challenges independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Java applications.
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of network storage systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.