Basis Technology is seeking a Systems Engineer with experience in systems administration to manage a cluster of computers in Bethesda, MD. You will be responsible for monitoring the production servers and software that we develop to ensure that all data is being processed. You will work directly with our software engineers to debug and diagnose problems.
The cluster includes a variety of technologies, including Windows Servers, Apache Solr Text indexes, PostgreSQL databases, ActiveMQ messaging servers, and various dashboards and integration scripts.
If you are looking for a job that allows you to learn more about how software is developed, debugging issues, and identifying new software requirements, then please apply now.
Applicants must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Install, update, and monitor software on a distributed system.
- Work with software engineers to isolate and debug errors.
- Examine the enterprise workflow and identify additional areas for improvement and automation.
- Write basic programs to integrate systems, monitor status, and perform basic data analysis.
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN with active TS/SCI U.S. government security clearance
- 3+ years experience maintaining Microsoft Windows servers
- 2+ years experience with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL.
- Ability to self-manage and organize
- Ability to pursue and troubleshoot technical challenges independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 3+ years basic scripting (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with Java applications.
- Knowledge of network storage systems.
Basis Technology is a small technology company that builds text analytics and digital forensics software. The digital forensics group focuses on making easy to use and extensible software for law enforcement and corporate investigators. We maintain the most popular open source digital forensics tools (The Sleuth Kit and Autopsy) and organize an annual conference with hundreds of attendees. Our headquarters are in Cambridge, MA and we have offices in Herndon, VA, London, Tokyo, and Tel Aviv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.