Front End Developer
Basis Technology is a leading provider of human-language technology and digital forensics, working at the bleeding edge of deep learning and AI. Since our founding, our products and services have been used by over two hundred major firms, including Amazon.com, EMC, Endeca/Oracle, Exalead/Dassault, Fujitsu, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, and governments around the world.
Based in Cambridge MA, Basis has offices in Washington D.C., London, Tokyo and Israel.
We are seeking a full-time Front End Developer to join our R&D team in Tel-Aviv. As a member of the team you’ll be developing and maintaining web applications that interact with our AI-based human-language technologies.
The successful candidate will have a strong background and actual experience in web development and full stack. Contributions to widely used repositories is highly appreciated!
Your responsibility is to design and develop web applications for visualizing deep linguistic analyses and transformations. As part of your role, you will be exploring creative ways of visualizing structured information extracted from unstructured documents.
- Experience with Node.js, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Big plus: Experience with Angular (> 4).
- Big plus: Comfortable with Python/Flask, and Java; enough to step into server code when small changes are needed.
- Deep understanding of best practices in the web development industry.
- Linux experience, commands, networking, ssh.
- Experience working over cloud (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Interest in natural languages, AI and data science.
- Able to read, write and converse comfortably in English and Hebrew. Knowledge of other languages a plus.
You will be joining a small team home based in Tel Aviv. You will receive a very competitive base salary with the normal local benefits.