Base is the first-ever platform built for assistants and the executives they support, all managed in a dedicated workspace where updates from the tens of tools assistants live in daily can be organized and distributed to executives in an elegant, efficient, and reliable way.
We're disruptive: Assistants work upwards of 10 different tools each day - none of which are built for them. Our platform is the first-ever built for the assistant's workflow. We streamline all of their inputs so they can maximize their effectiveness in their executive support. We believe that every leader should have access to an assistant, and this future of work messaging earned us the top prize this year at NEXT Venture Pitch 2020.
We are looking for a passionate and driven customer success leader who is excited to create something completely new with a high-caliber, mission-oriented team. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to work with our existing CSM and Customer Support representative to create a user success function that drives further retention and activation of our users. Experience with leading or building a sales function is a big plus. This leader will oversee our Customer Support and CSM functions to own outcomes which impact the business.
If you’ve ever been interested in joining a fast-growing company with seasoned leadership, in a great culture (recently awarded Top Startup Culture by Powderkeg) having significant potential as a key member of our growing team, and working from whatever location works best for you, this is your chance!
Also, if you don’t fit this description perfectly (in particular, if you come from an under-represented group), but you have relevant experience, please apply.
Some of the things we look for:
- A growth mindset which drives you to constantly learn and improve
- 5+ years working in a CSM role with at least 2 years in a management/leadership capacity
- Demonstrated experience building a CSM function which helped a team scale with the business
- Comfortable collaborating with Executive level leadership and taking ownership of strategic outcomes impacting the business such as: Engagement, Activation, Retention, Revenue, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- You’re self-motivated, comfortable working in an iterative environment, and can take minimal direction to drive to desired goals
- Experience building a Sales function
- Experience building a Customer Support function
Our team members can look forward to:
- A fun, flexible, remote-first work environment with a passionate, mission-oriented team
- The chance to help establish company culture, best practices, team norms, and foundations of engineering
- Competitive pay for a growing early stage company
- Stock options
- Benefits not typically offered at new startups such as health, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited, flexible paid time off (that we expect you to use)
- Half-Day Fridays
- Monthly tech stipend
- The opportunity to work with seasoned leaders experienced in remote work and with an incredible product development team
A few important themes that don’t change for us:
With humility, hospitality, and openness, we embrace challenges as opportunities to significantly contribute to others’ success and happiness.
We all contribute to a respectful and gracious work environment that encourages high-achievement through collaboration and individual effort, both in and outside of the workplace.
We take great pride in setting, communicating, and achieving challenging goals, and we look forward to exceeding expectations and sharing our story.
In your cover letter, please ensure you answer the following question:
We have a collaborative Productivity Playlist for our EA community. If you could only contribute one song, what would it be?
Base is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.