Base is building a software platform with a built-in community aspect to enhance and serve the Executive Assistant industry. We believe that Executive Assistants are the backbone of successful businesses and executives, and our goal is to provide resources to make their jobs more efficient.
Overview of the Role
Base is looking for a Director- or VP-Level Marketing Leader to join our small but powerful team. As a SaaS startup serving a community that doesn’t currently have software of their own, we need innovative thinkers and leaders. In addition to a software platform for Executive Assistants (EAs), Base is passionate about building a community, creating excellent content, and planning events to serve the industry. We view marketing as one of the keys to our success, and we’re looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to apply the creativity and focus required to cement Base as the only option for EA software. We’re seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on marketing leader and executor with excellent writing skills to continuously innovate new ways to reach and serve our EA audience, as well as the executives they support.
Our Marketing Leader will:
- In partnership with the rest of the leadership team, co-create and define the strategy for reaching our target users and buyers.
- Have experience in the development of company’s strategy and with playing an important role on the leadership team
- Deeply understand our brand, our buyers (execs), and our users (EAs), and create and test new paths and solutions to reach and engage our target audience.
- Tactically execute on the plan: manage, create, and promote content for Base’s blog, social media, website, email campaigns, events, and other content pieces and downloads like ebooks, interviews and templates.
- Develop, test, track, and report on successful programs and lead generation campaigns while suggesting and implementing changes based on lessons learned.
- Manage all partnership opportunities, paid marketing channels, and product launches.
- Plan and execute events, webinars, and other content formats like podcasts and videos.
- Create and document marketing processes and procedures to prepare for growth in the company and department.
- Report directly to Base’s CEO, and be a contributing member of the leadership team.
Our Marketing leader should:
- Have 5-10 years experience in marketing and branding in a SaaS or digital marketing field.
- Experience in the development of company’s strategy and playing an important role on the leadership team
- Be an experienced marketing leader who can excel at not only driving real, quantitative business results, but also poignant storytelling and brand marketing. The ideal candidate is a perfect blend between a diligent and process-oriented, results-oriented marketer and a storyteller/brand builder.
- Be flexible and comfortable with the inevitable change, ambiguity, and opportunity involved in early-stage startups; be a quick learner, and love learning new skills within digital and SaaS marketing.
- Be able to apply your marketing expertise across a broad spectrum of product marketing, content marketing, email marketing, social media, events, and digital marketing, and easily move from strategic planning to tactical execution.
- Be able to empathize with and prioritize our users’ and buyers’ needs; dive into the industry and seek to understand our audience.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, whether short-form content for Twitter and email marketing or long-form e-books. Have knowledge of AP Style and the ability to follow a brand style guide and convey the Base voice.
- Have a servant leader mindset; be open, honest, and accountable at every level.
- Be self-directed, but also great at collaborating across the team, including giving and receiving thoughtful feedback.
- Provide 2-3 writing samples reflecting a range of content types.
Our Marketing leader can look forward to:
- A fun, flexible work environment, with a passionate team that is ready to make waves in the EA industry
- A daily challenge to think creatively, strategically, and tactically, and the autonomy to create your own path to that.
- Distributed yet tightly-knit team with a great company culture
- Competitive pay for a new and growing company
- Significant opportunity for personal and career growth
- Health insurance, parental leave, technology stipend, and unlimited paid time off
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.