High Alpha is hiring key team members for a new B2B SaaS startup in Greenville, SC called Base. We are building a software platform with a built-in community aspect to enhance and serve the Executive Assistant industry. We believe that Executive Assistants are the backbone of successful businesses and executives, and our goal is to provide resources to make their jobs more efficient.
Overview of the Role
Base is looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to join our small but powerful team. As a SaaS startup serving a community that doesn’t currently have software of their own, we need innovative thinkers, leaders, and marketers. In addition to a software platform for Executive Assistants (EAs), Base is passionate about building a community, creating excellent content, and planning events to serve the industry. We need an enthusiastic marketing professional with excellent writing skills to create and manage content and campaigns, analyze metrics, report on results, and most importantly, to continuously innovate new ways to reach and serve our EA audience.
Our Marketing Specialist will:
- Refine and execute Base’s strategic marketing plan.
- Manage, create, and promote content for Base’s blog, social media, website, email campaigns, events, and other content pieces and downloads like ebooks, interviews and templates.
- Create and document marketing processes and procedures.
- Develop, test, track, and report on successful programs and lead generation campaigns while suggesting and implementing changes based on lessons learned.
- Plan and execute events, webinars, and new content formats like podcasts and videos.
- Report directly to Base’s CEO, but work closely with the Chief of Staff and manage contract writers or agency partners.
Our Marketing Specialist should:
- Have 1-3 years experience in the marketing field (SaaS or digital marketing experience is a plus).
- Be a junior marketer with the ability to apply your marketing expertise across a broad spectrum of product marketing, content marketing, email marketing, social media, events, and digital marketing.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills and love writing, whether short-form content for Twitter and email marketing or long-form blog posts. Have a passion for startups, be a quick learner, and love learning new skills within digital and SaaS marketing.
- Love to roll up sleeves and execute on a plan, doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Be flexible and comfortable with the inevitable change and ambiguity involved in early-stage startups.
- Be able to work collaboratively with our team, and also be able to own a project with minimal guidance.
- Be analytical and feel comfortable creating and analyzing reports based on marketing performance; be confident enough to make recommendations based on those results.
- Have a basic understanding of marketing automation systems, marketing ops, campaign and attribution tracking, and effectiveness within budget.
- Have knowledge of AP Style and the ability to follow a brand style guide.
- Have entry-level experience working with Google Analytics, Hubspot, Wordpress, CRM systems, and be proficient in Google Suite.
- Have a servant leader mindset; be excited about serving the EA community and helping Base become a thought leader in the space.
Our Marketing Specialist can look forward to:
- A fun, flexible work environment, with a passionate team that is ready to make waves in the EA industry
- Distributed yet tightly-knit team with a great company culture
- Competitive pay for a new and growing company
- Health insurance, parental leave, technology stipend, and unlimited paid time off
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.