We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department (firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-673-0222).
Our Facilities Team is essential to the operation of our fitness studio -- they keep our equipment and studio clean and inviting for guests, make sure everything is in operating order, and provide excellent customer service. The Facilities Manager will oversee management our Facilities Team, monitor maintenance of our spaces, and work with local management and the Director of Facilities to ensure facilities uphold Barry’s standards and client expectations.
Team Management and Leadership
- Establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative interpersonal relationships with studio leadership to create strategic facilities staff schedules.
- Manage communications with and between supervisors, peers, and subordinates regarding facilities needs to ensure that all studios are properly supported and supplied at all times.
- Recruit, screen, onboard, and facilitate the training of new hires.
- Coach a team of motivated employees, conduct regular performance reviews, and work with the People and Culture (HR) Department to address personnel concerns or issues.
- Develop proper daily and weekly employee protocols and processes to ensure facilities meet company standards and have adequate inventory.
- Assist the Facilities Team by working maintenance shifts when needed, showcasing best of brand skills and mentoring staff.
- Conduct regular inspections of all facilities spaces and work with employees, studio leadership, and the Director of Facilities to report, troubleshoot, and promptly address facilities issues.
- Develop regular maintenance procedures and protocols to ensure implementation.
- Monitor emails and studio requests to ensure Barry’s expectations are met.
- Schedule and oversee studio repairs, including but not limited to any repairs to lockers, electrical equipment, plumbing, HVAC, and appliances.
- Complete special projects and assignments, as necessary.
- Assist with and coordinate treadmill repairs across studios.
- Maintain detailed Maintenance Logs and report on daily activities.
- Order proper parts to ensure there is a well-stocked inventory, while promptly completing return shipping of broken parts.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance and schedule deep cleaning accordingly for each studio.
- Work to uphold Barry’s community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily.
- Represent the Barry’s brand within the studio and throughout the local fitness community.
- Participate in enhancing the community with your studio and regional teams.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Facilities or Maintenance Manager or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Availability for full-time work during non-traditional hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of facilities upkeep and strong technical aptitude as well as follow-through.
- Ability to train, lead, motivate, and delegate to a team of employees.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with different personality types as well as other departments, vendors, and clients.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with an eye for customer satisfaction and cleanliness.
- Proven dependability and reliability.
- Friendly, outgoing personality and can-do, optimistic attitude.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Enthusiasm for the Barry’s brand.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
- Electrical and/or plumbing license a plus.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the World ®™. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity workout that’s as effective as it is fun.