We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department (email@example.com or 323-673-0222). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Experience Manager is the studio leader accountable for the crucial intersection of client experience, employee morale, and community building. While supporting the General Manager with day-to-day operations, the Experience Manager is specifically responsible for ensuring alignment with and consistent execution of Barry’s hospitality standards. As such, they are charged with driving client acquisition, conversion, retention, and recovery efforts. They also oversee the studio’s milestone and loyalty program, lead hospitality training for studio staff, effectively and strategically manage a community engagement budget, and facilitate in-studio campaigns and events.
Sales and Operations Management
- Lead the studio team in knowledge and motivation to drive class and retail sales that exceed all studio goals and targets.
- Partner with the General Manager and marketing leadership to localize and implement national campaigns and initiatives.
- Partner with the General Manager to analyze key business performance indicators, including attendance, utilization, and sales, and bring any insights or suggestions to regional leadership.
- Regularly serve as a shift leader, overseeing seamless business operations, opening and closing the studio in accordance with all policies and procedures, and overseeing studio staff.
- Provide operational support to the General Manager, assisting with studio accounting, inventory, ordering, and scheduling needs.
- Foster the creation of a supportive and inclusive environment to ensure a positive, fun, and engaging experience for all team members and clients.
- Support the General Manager in recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding a diverse team of driven and highly-motivated individuals.
- Train and provide ongoing development to team members in service of ensuring a consistent client experience and upholding our mission, vision, values, and hospitality standards.
- Supervise studio team members on shift, aiding with as well as coaching and mentoring staff on the handling of client matters.
- Partner with the General Manager and People and Culture to manage performance or personnel matters and to enforce studio policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Drive teamwork, collaboration, and cohesion among all studio staff to consistently, efficiently, and effectively meet day-to-day operational needs.
- Lead all team members by example, representing Barry’s values and acting in alignment with our mission and vision, both in the studio and broader local community.
- Support all studio staff in delivering exceptional client experience, moving dynamically across studio functions to role model best of brand standards and fulfill business needs.
- Oversee the implementation and execution of all hospitality procedures, initiatives, and protocols, owning first timer conversion, client milestones and studio celebrations, and customer acknowledgement and loyalty.
- Ensure all client matters are properly and swiftly resolved or escalated, and ensure consistent and adequate follow through to all client inquiries.
- Partner with the General Manager to analyze client retention and frequency, manage related client outreach, solicit and respond to feedback, and actionize strategies to enhance overall experience and client recovery.
- Build and foster strong, meaningful relationships with the studio team and client community, proactively identifying opportunities to show recognition or gratitude, enhance engagement, and/or address conflicts.
- Identify and execute on client cultivation and acquisition strategies specific to studio demographics and communities.
- Organize staff and community events and celebrations to foster an uplifting studio environment, build morale, and recognize milestones or special occasions.
- Oversee and report on the impact of a community-building budget.
- 1-3 years experience in client services and/or management in a relevant field (fitness, health, and wellness, hospitality, retail, food and beverage, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Availability for full-time work during non-traditional hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to train, lead, motivate, and delegate to a team of employees.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with different personality types as well as other departments, vendors, and clients.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with an eye for customer satisfaction.
- Proven dependability and reliability.
- Friendly, outgoing personality and can-do, optimistic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and behavior at all times.
- Enthusiasm for the Barry’s brand.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the World ®™. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity workout that’s as effective as it is fun.