We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department (People@Barrys.com or 323-673-0222).
The Development Project Manager will support and lead coordination among Barry's Real Estate Development, Design, and Construction teams. The cross-functional role, reporting into the Senior Construction Project Manager but working closely with the Director of Real Estate, will be responsible for driving organization, collaboration, compliance, and success as Barry's expands and elevates the global footprint of our rapidly-growing luxury boutique fitness brand.
- Partner with the Development, Design, and Construction teams to manage the flow of work throughout the lifecycle of real estate deals, construction projects, and new studio openings.
- Develop and manage a schedule of milestone dates for all projects in the new studio and studio remodel pipeline.
- Oversee ordering for new studio openings and existing studios.
- Assist the Construction Team in developing, updating, and communicating on construction schedules to ensure completion on time and budget.
- Partner with the Director of Construction to ensure the enforcement of subcontracts, contract purchase orders, change orders, and work orders.
- Track and process vendor invoices for prompt payouts.
- Facilitate the closeout of construction projects and complete all landlord submittals to facilitate reimbursement of all tenant allowance amounts.
- Manage utility set-up for new studio openings, following through to completion.
- Maintain a database of lease information and track critical dates, communicating with landlords as needed.
- Maintain and update the Development team calendar for the coordination of department meetings, pre-REC, market tours, REC, surveys, punch walks, and planning and strategy meetings, assisting with the creation and distribution of agendas and meeting recap notes.
- Create and prepare site evaluation packages in anticipation of team visits.
- Conduct regular site walks with the Senior Construction Project Manager and Director of Construction to ensure overall project quality and contract compliance.
- Lead the documentation of departmental standards, processes, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a directory of contacts for general contractors, subcontractors, vendors, landlords, project site contacts, developers, and property managers, and all others necessary for organizational reference.
- 3+ years experience in real estate and/or construction project management.
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, real estate, or a related field, or the equivalent in related work-experience.
- Proven track record of driving collaboration among diverse teams to meet deadlines in fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environments.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and competing priorities at once.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with an acute sense of urgency.
- Ability to comfortably navigate construction sites, kneeling, bending, reaching, climbing, or standing for long periods of time and capable of moving or lifting equipment or supplies of 40+ pounds.
- Willingness to travel 50%+ of the time and ability to effectively manage projects remotely.
- Hospitality, retail, or fitness industry experience highly desired.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun.