We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department (firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-673-0222).
Barry’s is seeking top-tier fitness trainers with experience in on-camera production to provide energizing, high-quality virtual instruction live via Barry’s Digital platform, Barry's X. The ideal candidate will have a strong, charismatic, and energizing personality as well as the skills to independently develop varied workouts and playlists. The Instructor will also be expected to maintain a regular schedule of in-person classes and a working presence at a Barry’s studio.
- Deliver best-in-class virtual and in-person training across Barry’s various modalities (RUN/treadmill, RIDE/spin, weights, bodyweight, etc.) while maintaining the distinct Barry’s atmosphere and culture.
- Provide superior customer service in line with Barry’s hospitality and client experience standards.
- Act as one of the most public-facing members of the Barry’s team, inside and outside of class.
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience as a group fitness instructor and / or personal trainer.
- Preferred 1+ year professional experience in live and / or on-camera production.
- Must have group fitness instructor and / or personal training certification.
- Ability / willingness to star in produced, high-quality digital content and interest in developing as a leading media and fitness personality.
- Proven ability to sustainably project outgoing, charismatic personality required to build relationships and foster community across virtual platforms.
- Experience in selecting and presenting unique, appealing, energizing, and diverse playlists from a library of digitally-licensed music.
- Ability to sustainably project a motivating, positive, and optimistic persona, which at all times includes enthusiasm for the Barry’s brand and workout.
- Full-time, open availability for work, including at non-traditional hours, early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively, compatibly and collaboratively with others.
- Physical ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time, consistent with personally rehearsing, performing, instructing on, and producing content relating to Barry’s workouts.
- Physical ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds, consistent with personally rehearsing, performing, instructing on, and producing content relating to Barry’s workouts.
- Ability to perform all essential job duties and functions of the general Barry’s Instructor position.
- Live in or voluntarily willing to immediately relocate to Los Angeles, New York City, or San Francisco.
All applications must include a 5-minute audition video. The video should consist of a 1-minute personal introduction filmed in close up followed by a 4-minute workout, set to music and filmed as a wide shot to include a full-body view visible from all positions (standing, squatting, plank, etc.). Introduction must include name and current city of residence. It may also include topics such as background, favorite way to workout, description of teaching style, etc. Please use all 60 seconds of time for introduction. Please upload your completed audition here.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the World ®™. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity workout that’s as effective as it is fun.