We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department (firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-673-0222).
The Manager on Duty forms part of the Front Desk Team, the first line of contact at all Barry’s studios. As such, they are well-versed in all aspects of our fitness program and business. The Manager on Duty is key to providing superior customer service and assisting clients with class selections, bookings, and questions; FuelBar orders; and merchandise purchases. We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, reliable, team-oriented, and forward-thinking problem-solver with outgoing interpersonal skills, a love for health, an excitement for our brand, and the desire to be a part of building a stronger Barry’s community.
- Deliver first class hospitality to clients at all times by greeting, assisting, and checking in customers; responding to inquiries in-person, on the phone, and via e-mail; and working quickly and efficiently in the company’s business management software to register clients, process payments, and maintain database information up to date.
- Work with team members across departments, including instructors, facilities, and FuelBar, to ensure efficiency in delivering an exceptional customer experience, maintaining spaces clean, and creating a welcoming, positive atmosphere.
- Maintain product knowledge for all studio retail operations and marketing initiatives.
- Guide customers with regards to studio offerings, promotions, and special events.
- Assist studio management with daily studio tasks and other projects as necessary.
- Showcase the best of brand skills while on shift and mentor junior staff in upholding Barry’s hospitality and customer service standards.
- Take a leadership position in managing and handling complex client inquiries and challenging studio situations, such as client or staff injuries, sound issues, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective, clear communication with studio leadership on facilities, personnel, and client issues.
- Act as the primary point person for VIP visits, special events, and celebrations occurring while on shift.
- Receive retail inventory, drive retail sales, merchandise retail areas, and communicate retail needs to studio leadership.
- Oversee management of cash flow and the point of sale system while on shift.
- Work to uphold Barry’s community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily.
- Represent the Barry’s brand within the studio and throughout the fitness community.
- Participate in enhancing the community with your studio and regional teams.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong hospitality skills with knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive and cooperative long-term interpersonal relationships with clients, peers, and supervisors.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a time-sensitive manner.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to follow instructions in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with an eye for customer satisfaction and cleanliness.
- Proven dependability and reliability.
- Friendly, outgoing personality and can-do, optimistic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and behavior at all times.
- Enthusiasm for the Barry’s brand.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
- Minimum age of 18 years.
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.