We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department (email@example.com or 323-673-0222).
Front Desk team members are the first line of contact at all Barry’s studios. As such, they are well-versed in all aspects of our fitness program and business. Front Desk team members are key to providing superior customer service and assisting clients with class selections, bookings, and questions; FuelBar orders; and merchandise purchases. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, reliable, team-oriented, and forward-thinking problem-solvers with outgoing interpersonal skills, a love for health, an excitement for our brand, and the desire to be a part of building a stronger Barry’s community.
- Deliver first class hospitality to clients at all times by greeting, assisting, and checking in customers; responding to inquiries in-person, on the phone, and via e-mail; and working quickly and efficiently in the company’s business management software to register clients, process payments, and maintain database information up to date.
- Work with team members across departments, including instructors, facilities, and FuelBar, to ensure efficiency in delivering an exceptional customer experience, maintaining spaces clean, and creating a welcoming, positive atmosphere.
- Take initiative and be proactive in handling complex client inquiries and delivering custom solutions to meet individual client needs.
- Maintain product knowledge for all studio retail operations and marketing initiatives.
- Guide customers with regards to studio offerings, promotions, and special events.
- Assist studio management with daily studio tasks and other projects as necessary.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays. Part-time employees must have at least 3 days of availability, with at least one of those days being a Saturday or Sunday.
- Strong hospitality skills with knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive and cooperative long-term interpersonal relationships with clients, peers, and supervisors.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a time-sensitive manner.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to follow instructions in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with an eye for customer satisfaction and cleanliness.
- Proven dependability and reliability.
- Friendly, outgoing personality and can-do, optimistic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and behavior at all times.
- Enthusiasm for the Barry’s brand.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
- Minimum age of 18 years.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the World ®™. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity workout that’s as effective as it is fun.