Planning Manager - BARK Retail
New York/ Columbus/ Seattle/ Remote - Full Time
WHO ARE WE?
The Planning Team is responsible for forecasting demand and managing the inventory across all BARK business lines. We're obsessed with results, data, process and finding solutions. We work very broadly across virtually all functional groups, including product development, sourcing, finance, product & engineering, growth and logistics. We need curious, data-focused people who are spreadsheet nerds and love dogs above all else. #carrots4lyfe (this will make more sense to you if you meet Jeffrey).
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are currently looking for a detail oriented, dog-loving Planner to support our growing Retail business. The ideal candidate for this role will be a creative problem solver, master of inventory, and of course, dog-obsessed. This role will help us plan and forecast to ensure we have the right inventory for our customers’ needs. The right candidate will enjoy learning about our unique and growing business and proactively tackling any challenges of scaling new business initiatives in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
- Demand forecast: Collaborate with Sales and external Planning counterparts to forecast Seasonal and Evergreen revenue opportunities, leaning into data-driven insights to maximize sales and growth of Retail accounts.
- Inventory management: Plan and maintain appropriate inventory levels to balance individual customer strategies and broader retail merchandising initiatives, with warehouse capacity and operations capabilities.
- Performance and profitability: Together with Planning Director, maintain rolling revenue forecast and analyze year-to-date performance against corporate budget and stretch goals for the business.
- Work cross-functionally with Retail counterparts on operations, sales, merchandising, marketing, purchasing & logistics teams to execute business strategies
- Ad hoc reporting as needed.
- 3+ years of supply chain planning and analytics experience required.
- Experience & comfort working with and analyzing large data sets.
- Experience working in a Retail environment is preferred.
- Experience with Amazon/marketplace operations is a plus.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Expert in Excel and system-savvy
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator across internal teams and external teams, not afraid to push back and follow up
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize data to understand business trends and provide forward-thinking insight.
- Proactive thinker with a scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit
- Must love dogs!
This position is a full-time position. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.