Global Imports, Sr. Manager
New York, NY, Columbus, OH, Full Time
WHO ARE WE
If the BARK experience is a theatrical production, the Logistics team is the wizard behind the curtain making sure all 1,000 things go according to plan and millions of dogs are happy. We're the people who get our product where it needs to go: from factory / manufacturer to our warehouse network, and then to our end customers by all the necessary means possible (TEU, LCL,small parcel, LTL, FTL). We are obsessed with logistics and relentless on performance, but we're not afraid to have fun! But we like to think we're superheroes your dog doesn't even know about. No capes, but we type faster than you can fly and don't rest until pups are barking at the door in anticipation of BARK products landing on their doorstep.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The role of the Global Imports, Sr. Manager is a critical part of meeting BARK’s strategic mission of making all Dogs happy. In this role, your direct customers are Bark’s rapidly growing Commerce business, sourcing, planning teams, and downstream fulfillment teams. You will build and maintain strong partnerships with multiple logistics service providers for Ocean, Air, Linehaul, Drayage services. Your work directly supports Bark to achieve and exceed its logistics and profitability goals, and you will play a pivotal role in building the next operational model at BARK, allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission. You will hire, train, and develop a team of motivated operations team members: designing and building a new model of operations, while leading your team through the complex world of logistics. You will work cross-functionally to navigate ambiguous challenges and establish a world-class operating team designed to catapult BARK Commerce to realizing its mission. We are looking for best-in-class leadership that can articulate a clear vision and excite teams to execute it day in and day out.
The ideal candidate is a driven individual who is an experienced operator with ocean, air and dray carriers, is adept at engaging internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization, is a sharp analytical thinker with a data-driven approach to solving problems, and someone who will flourish in a role with considerable autonomy and visibility.
- You will develop and operate strategic operational processes, and support the design of supply chain solutions, and infrastructure to ensure BARK executes quality service delivery on-time, efficiently, cost-effectively and most importantly creates a world-class customer experience.
- You will oversee and manage all Commerce imports moving on the transpacific trade lane while supporting Bark’s continued international growth.
- You will be responsible for monitoring and improving overall cost-to-serve while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for internal and external partners in the Commerce logistics sphere; primary point of contact for internal and external escalations.
- Hire, train, and mentor direct reports. Provide support, educational growth and opportunities, skills coaching. You will be a hands-on leader.
- Drive, in collaboration with leadership, program owners, long range planning processes and operations plans
- Own and engage with finance and operations partners to drive business data analysis to help drive strategic decisions. Drive cadence and content for strategic, business, operational reviews.
- Analyze operations to identify key metrics and opportunities for effective business operations
- Facilitate program and product roadmaps.
- BA/BS degree and minimum 5-10 years of experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, ocean carrier operations, or consulting. MBA, MA/MS degree in a business or logistics oriented field is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing direct reports
- Experience partnering effectively with geographically dispersed teams
- Comfortable with ambiguities, conflicting priorities, multicultural, matrixed environment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; proven ability to get results
- Strategic thinker with highly developed analytical and critical thinking abilities. Able to find and mine data to help make design strategy and road map decisions
- Leads by example, shows strong bias for action, and holds people accountable to goals
- Strong project, program and resource management skills for highly complex business and technical initiatives
- Excellent business writing and communication skills to peers and senior leadership teams.Experience in MS Office suite of products (in particular word, excel)
- Data Analysis and Excel savvy to aid problem-solving and drive decisions
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Columbus, OH or New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
ABOUT BARK (copy does not change, always in BARK blue)
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.