For more than 35 years, Bardel Entertainment has led the animation industry through unwavering commitment to quality, creativity, and innovation. We are an internationally recognized, Emmy Award®-winning studio – in two prominent Canadian cities, Vancouver and Kelowna – and the creative force behind top audience hits such as The Dragon Prince, Rick and Morty, Teen Titans Go!, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
In anticipation for future green-lit projects, we wanted to connect with talented Riggers based in British Columbia to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. As a Rigger, you will be responsible for ensuring the technical and creative success of all rigging requirements of the production, while respecting the established overall look of the show.
What you’ll be doing:
- Construct 3D character rigs and animation interfaces and controls for assigned characters and props
- Actively participate in production-related meetings by offering thoughts and ideas
- Keep current on pipeline techniques and technology
- Ensure the rigging supervisor’s instructions are carried through
- Deliver artistic expectations of facial and body rigs dictated by the rigging lead/supervisor
- Troubleshoot and evaluate character-rigging issues for artists within various disciplines
- Help develop character, prop and related rigging and frameworks (including skeletal system, skinning, workflows, and user interface) working in conjunction with the CG Supervisor and other department heads
- Help define and streamline CG character rigging workflows, pipelines and processes, developing tools and frameworks for CG characters and other related assets
What you’ll bring:
- [Senior] 4+ years production experience in the animation, film and or game industry
- [Mid] 2+ years production experience in the animation, film and or game industry
- Strong technical background and scripting prowess (Maya, Python, etc), with the ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly
- Excellent command of human anatomy, volume and weight, dynamics and character motion
- Be willing to share knowledge and experience with others
Extra points if you have:
- Background in traditional animation, visual arts and life drawing, with a solid sense of movement and form
- Experience with R&D requirements gathering and authoring production documentation, creating templates, libraries and tools
- Sound understanding of the animation process from storyboard to modeling to texturing, animation and rendering
- Advanced, applied technical computer animation knowledge such as lighting rigs, rendering, dynamics, and other related scripting, interface and tools development
WHY JOIN BARDEL?
We’ve got great people here, with good reason! We offer extensive, meaningful benefits centred on well-being (RRSP contribution matching, extended health and wellness perks, and paid closures to name a few!) as well as a hybrid studio model with flexible schedules. And did we mention that our studios are dog friendly?
Being a part of our team will have you working on exciting, prominent industry projects and collaborating with influential, creative professionals from around the world. We’ll help you grow your career through regular social events and ongoing development opportunities, such as leadership training, workshops, and classes led by experienced industry guest instructors.
If you're driven by the excitement of tackling creative challenges, leveraging cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of diverse entertainment, we invite you to join us – let’s create together!
Ready to apply and join our cast of characters? Fill out the form below with your current resume, samples of your work (e.g. a link to your website or reel – don’t be afraid to show off a little!), and tell us why YOU are the best person for this role!
GOOD TO KNOW
Remote work may be considered for this position. Bardel's Hybrid & Remote Work Policy will be presented and open to discussion during the interview process.
Bardel Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering an inclusive environment – where the strength in the diversity of backgrounds, lived experiences, and identities are not only valued, but essential to our creative process. We hire personnel without discrimination based on race, ancestry, place of origin, citizenship, ethnic origin, colour, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender, language, marital status, age, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability.
Candidates applying must be based in and legally eligible for work in Canada.