The Environment Artist in Bardel is responsible for creating cutting edge digital environments for high-end animation projects using an array of different softwares and techniques and outputting finished images to the compositing team without relying on the asset or shot production departments.
- Creating high quality digital matte paintings, models and textures and under the Environment Lead propagate the key setups to the children shots.
- Assembling models, digital matte paintings, textures, projections and lights into a CG scene for rendering.
- Scatter vegetation into a digital environment and be able to render it with efficiency.
- Assembling comp scripts for projections and being able to deliver templates to the comp artist in Nuke.
- Being able to output sequences with the same environment in a fast and optimized fashion.
- Quickly light and assemble scenes from other departments, including animated characters caches if needed.
- Excellent Knowledge of Nuke is a requirement
- Knowledge of Clarisse, Photoshop, Maya, Mari. Houdini, Substance and Speedtree are a plus.
- Experience with a wide range of softwares to create digital environments, including Speedtree, Vue, Terragen, Zbrush.
- Modeling, UV and Texturing Skills.
- Strong artistic skills in digital matte paintings. Art background with an emphasis on environments is desirable
- Understanding of a 2.5D workflow and an overall knowledge of an animation pipeline from assets to comp.
- Good problem solving and optimization abilities.
- Able to get artistic directions and be part of a team.
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people, and for good reasons! Bardel offers work on exciting high-profile projects, a generous compensation/benefits package, and a fantastic company culture fueled by career development and artistic skill enhancement. Every day you will collaborate with other influential, career-minded, creative professionals from around the world.
How to apply:
Please apply below in this form or visit our Job Portal to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Candidates applying from outside of British Columbia must be willing and able to relocate to British Columbia, Canada (either working in-studio or remote in BC). Bardel's talent mobility program offers support to candidates in obtaining proper work authorization and residency. Note, employment prior to relocation begins as independent contracts.