We are currently looking for a skilled 3D Animation Artist to join our team to work on Development projects!!
Do you love to explore a story through expressive character movement? Do you have a good grasp of weight, timing, lip sync and posting? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
Do you also want to get the inside scoop on new projects coming to the studio? Do you want to be an ambassador for our Animation prowess and show potential clients how amazing Bardel is?
We are searching for a talented 3D Animator to join our team to work on Development projects!. Under the direction of the Lead Animator/Director, you will conceptualize, create and execute quality animation sequences through an impressive proficiency with digital tools in a collaborative team setting.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate a broad range of 3D Animation proficiencies in creating the overall look, attitude and style of the character animation in conjunction with the show’s established style and technical requirements
- Work on Development projects with the Head of 3D to gain new business and wow clients
- Work collaboratively to meet production objectives, deadlines and quotas, ensuring open communication with other managers and team members
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- Mentor entry-level artists by providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
What you bring with you:
- 3+ Years of TV / Film production experience a must
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education required
- Possess a solid working knowledge of CG animation technologies and necessary production environments and tools
- Proficiency in Maya is a must
- Strong written/verbal communication skills (English)
Extra points if you have:
- A background in traditional hand-drawn animation, visual arts and life drawing with a solid grasp of movement and form
- Experience with acting, live action or staging
- Advanced technical computer animation knowledge such as dynamics, scripting and tools
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people, and for good reasons! Bardel offers work on exciting high-profile projects, a generous compensation/benefits package, and a fantastic company culture fueled by career development and artistic skill enhancement. Every day you will collaborate with other influential, career-minded, creative professionals from around the world.
How to apply:
Please apply below in this form or visit our Job Portal to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Candidates applying from outside of British Columbia must be willing and able to relocate to British Columbia, Canada (either working in-studio or remote in BC). Bardel's talent mobility program offers support to candidates in obtaining proper work authorization and residency. Note, employment prior to relocation begins as independent contracts.