Background Paint Designer
Bardel Entertainment Inc.
425 West 6th Ave 5th floor, Vancouver, BC V5Y 1L3
At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team! We are searching for a Background Paint Designer to join our Vancouver studio team.
What you will be doing:
- Works with Creative Supervisors to establish final look of Painted Backgrounds for the show and is responsible for developing a streamlined production process.
- Paints backgrounds, layouts and any other background-related art with Graphic design technologies that the production may require, ensuring style and quality of show is met and maintained.
- Meet with creative supervisor to ensure color needs of the show are fulfilled and maintained.
- Complete all color work within assigned deadlines.
- Resolve color problems with creative supervisors.
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up, named and stored
- Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time
- Review storyboard for background key color callouts.
- Assist with special projects if necessary.
- Willingness to be proactive and support the needs of the Art Department in its commitment to creating quality Production Design and Development art.
What you bring with you:
- 1 year of graphic designing/background designing experience on animated production
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate in Animation, CG, graphic design, or related field
- Familiar with and have experience with 2D or 3D Animation pipelines
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Strong drawing skills and sense of design, character, and composition
- Working proficiency in English
Start date: As soon as possible
Term of Employment: Permanent/Open-ended
Work Hours: 40 per week
Hybrid Work Schedule: Remote work available
Weekly Wage: $1160 to $1250/week
- Extended medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Matching RRSP
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
To apply, Please fill out the FORM below. Visit: https://boards.greenhouse.io/bardelentertainment/jobs/5215124003
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
* All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC.