At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. The Technical Animator will be responsible for testing and maintaining animation systems,
rigging, pipelines and processes used by the animation team.
- Test and maintain animation systems in conjunction with animators, and production team
members as required
- Provide technical support on the animation tools and scenes
- Assist in the integration and validation of animation assets.
- Learn all required features and functions of the animation system and tools
- Participate in and supervise integration of the animation assets into the production
- Collaborate to ensure compliance of animation features with technical, aesthetic and
- Research and share knowledge of existing tools and animation packages within the industry
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Support the Animation Supervisor in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
- Assist in planning and assigning of animation work to the team
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong practical understanding of animation logic: Mel and Python scripting, animation trees
and similar editors and technologies;
- Strong character animation skills and understanding of animation principles;
- Experience working in fast-paced production schedules
- Enthusiastic, methodical and organized approach to work with high-quality standards;
- Able to document and explain their work clearly and concisely;
- Solid working knowledge of Autodesk Maya & Shotgrid
- Strong understanding of rigging, skinning and related character technologies;
- Ability to work flexibly, accept and give feedback and adapt to change;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary
- Sense of initiative, originality and resourcefulness in problem-solving
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
How to apply:
Please apply below in this form or visit our Job Portal to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
*All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province or country, must be willing to relocate to BC.