Do you love bringing characters, creatures and worlds to life? Want to work with a top-notch team of brilliant creative folks on an epic show? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are currently looking for 3D Modelers. In this role, you will conceptualize and create clean, functional 3D models following the aesthetic, creative and technical quality standards of the production.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrating sound working knowledge of modeling tools (Maya preferred, Mudbox as an additional plus) and techniques to create models (characters, props and sets) for 3D animated content
- Creating blend shape setups for characters, props and other elements
- Translating 2D drawings and concepts into 3D models
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by project leads and the production department
- Actively participating in team/department meetings
- Mentoring and offering support to less experienced artists, providing them with guidance and instruction
What you bring with you:
- 2-3 years of experience in the animation and or game/film industry
- Bachelor degree required
- An excellent command of human anatomy, volume and weight, dynamics and character motion required
- Toonline experience a valued asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence, ability and sound judgement in all areas of performance, such as immediately notifying supervisors regarding any technical or creative problems that may impact quotas or deadlines, proactively communicating solutions
Extra points if you have:
- Background in traditional animation, visual arts and life drawing, with a solid sense of movement and form
- Sound understanding of the animation pipeline from storyboard to modelling to texturing, animation and rendering
- Knowledge of technical processes such as lighting rigs, rendering, dynamics, scripting (Maya, Python, MEL)
Why Work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
How to apply:
Please apply below in this form or visit our Job Portal to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Candidates applying from outside of British Columbia must be willing and able to relocate to British Columbia, Canada (either working in-studio or remote in BC). Bardel's talent mobility program offers support to candidates in obtaining proper work authorization and residency. Note, employment prior to relocation begins as independent contracts.