We are searching for an Asset TD (Technical Artist) to join our team. The Asset TD should make sure ingest and outgest of assets are flowing correctly throughout departments and studios. When issues are identified, the Asset TD must proactively and in a timely fashion debug and address, and/or escalate to senior staff with detailed information and possible resolution scenarios. The role requires high technical knowledge, as well as a good understanding of CG production pipelines and the modeling, texturing, rigging, animation and lighting steps.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain technical integrity of assets throughout the entire production process
- Contribute to the development and testing of Python scripts to implement solutions
- Troubleshoot technical issues involving Assets in Maya for Modeling, Rigging and Animation
- Troubleshoot technical issues involving Katana for Surfacing and Lighting
- Follow up with stakeholders to ensure delivered solutions work as intended
- Keep CG Supervisor, Production team, Department Leads and Directors up to date on outstanding issues and potential solutions
- Respond to tickets requesting support and pipeline improvements while vetting all priorities with the CG supervisor
- Regularly deliver written progress summaries
- Identify, report and resolves technical rendering errors due to problems with surfacing in Katana
- Ensure all files and outputs conform to Bardel's file structure and naming conventions
- Provide technical and debugging support for other team members and departments on assets, animation and rendering issues
- Use Shotgun to document the current status of assets and shots in the pipeline
- Communicate with other relevant departments to ensure established timelines and schedule will be met
What you bring with you:
- 1-2 Years previous work experience in Animation or VFX
- A strong knowledge of Python scripting
- Knowledge of Katana's surfacing and lighting workflows is an asset
- Knowledge of Maya's modeling, rigging and animation workflows is an asset
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education is an asset
- Houdini knowledge is an asset
Diploma in programming is an asset
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
How to apply:
Please apply below in this form or visit our Job Portal to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings
*All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC.