At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are currently recruiting for experienced Rigging Artists to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team across some of our amazing productions. As a Rigging Artist, you will be responsible for ensuring the technical and creative success of all rigging requirements of the production, while respecting the established overall look of the show.
What you will be doing:
- Construct 3D character rigs and animation interfaces and controls for assigned characters and props
- Actively participate in production-related meetings by offering thoughts and ideas
- Keep current on pipeline techniques and technology
- Ensure the pipeline supervisor’s instructions are carried through
- Develop character, prop and related rigging and frameworks (including skeletal system, skinning, workflows, and user interface) working in conjunction with the CG Supervisor and other department heads
- Define and streamline CG character rigging workflows, pipelines and processes, developing tools and frameworks for CG characters and other related assets
- Troubleshoot and evaluate character-rigging issues for artists within various disciplines
- Develop and documenting workflows, tools, scripts/plug-ins and best practices to enhance the productivity of animators
What you bring with you:
- 1-3 years quality experience in rigging capacity
- TV / Animation / Film production experience a must
- Strong technical background and scripting prowess (Maya, Python, MEL), with the ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly
- Excellent command of human anatomy, volume and weight, dynamics and character motion
- Superlative written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members
Extra points if you have:
- Background in traditional animation, visual arts and life drawing, with a solid sense of movement and form
- Experience with R&D requirements gathering and authoring production documentation, creating templates, libraries and tools
- Sound understanding of the animation process from storyboard to modelling to texturing, animation and rendering
- Advanced, applied technical computer animation knowledge such as lighting rigs, rendering, dynamics, and other related scripting, interface and tools development
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people, and for good reasons! Bardel offers work on exciting high-profile projects, a generous compensation/benefits package, and a fantastic company culture fueled by career development and artistic skill enhancement. Every day you will collaborate with other influential, career-minded, creative professionals from around the world.
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Candidates applying from outside of British Columbia must be willing and able to relocate to British Columbia, Canada (either working in-studio or remote in BC). Bardel's talent mobility program offers support to candidates in obtaining proper work authorization and residency. Note, employment prior to relocation begins as independent contracts.