We are searching for a brilliant 2D Background Supervisor to work with us on one of our exciting new 2D adult animated series at our Vancouver studio. Think you have what it takes? Apply now!
What you will be doing:
- Supervise all background & colour designers with respect to their weekly assignments, in accordance with the assigned style
- Create a storyboard breakdown and identify re-use scenes as well as backgrounds that need to be painted
- Paint production backgrounds based on the background master keys
- Ensure that the Directors notes/revisions are followed and integrated as per the style of the production
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
- Help ensure that weekly assigned quotas and expectations are met by the team
What you bring with you:
- Strong understanding of 2D animation principles
- 3+ years experience as a 2D Background Lead or Supervisor
- Prior experience in 2D animation for background design or layout an asset
- A positive attitude and dedication to the success of the project
- Commitment to Bardels values of celebrating diversity, individual development, expression, creativity, and teamwork
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the positions criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel dont hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
* All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC.