At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are currently recruiting for a Surfacing/LookDev Lead to join us on an amazing production team. As the Surfacing/LookDev Lead, you will be responsible for creating and overseeing the creation of the shaders and textures (including, but not limited to human features, props, buildings) which meet the aesthetic, creative and technical quality standards of the production and in accordance with the production deadlines.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate a broad range of superior texturing abilities in a collaborative environment to conceptualize and create the surface, colors, and textures
- Create new texture processes and concepts, either by utilizing reference materials or by painting textures by hand
- Be responsible for the texture elements on the specific show your assigned to while helping out on other shows and projects as required
- Be involved in the process of approving files in production pertaining to the guidelines of the Surfacing department or as laid out by the Supervisor
- Exercise strong leadership, collaborative and communication skills to ensure that interdepartmental tasks are assigned, understood and completed as per instructed
- Contribute and communicate technology constraints. Assist with the development of tools/scripts/plug-ins as required
- Trouble-shoot and find solutions for technical production issues
- Using software plug-ins and other new or existing applications, create specialized textures or surfaces such as hair, fur, cloth, or other elements
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by project leads and the production department
- Actively participate in team / department meetings
- Mentor and offer support to less experienced artists, providing them with guidance and instruction in the area of animated surfaces and textures
What you bring with you:
- 6+ years of experience in the animation/film/TV industry
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role in the animation/film/tv industry
- Good production experience in Maya
- Experience in texturing in variety of styles
- Experience in 3D painting of character, props
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong technical and visual skills
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Skilled at improvising and problem solving
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
Why work at Bardel?
Weve got great people, and for good reasons! Bardel offers work on exciting high-profile projects, industry-leading benefits, a generous compensation/benefits package, and a fantastic company culture fueled by career development and artistic skill enhancement. Every day you will collaborate with other influential, career-minded, creative professionals from around the world.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the positions criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel dont hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Candidates applying from outside of British Columbia must be willing and able to relocate to British Columbia, Canada (either working in-studio or remote in BC). Bardel's talent mobility program offers support to candidates in obtaining proper work authorization and residency. Note, employment prior to relocation begins as independent contracts.