Bardel is currently recruiting for a Senior Storyboard Artist to join our team! We are looking for a talented Storyboard Artist to provide creative leadership and artistic direction, in line with the Directors vision, throughout the show. This role will be responsible for overseeing a small team of board artists, working in collaboration with the Storyboard Director to ensure that the crew are working collaboratively to achieve the goals and quality benchmarks of the project.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee a small team of storyboard artists/revisionists during the entire episode from script to animatic, providing ideas, making decisions and offering viable solutions to creative issues/client retakes
- Collaborate with the Storyboard Director on animatics and revisions
- Exercise leadership, collaborative and communication skills to ensure that departmental tasks are assigned, understood and completed as per instructed
- Work with the production team to ensure that deadlines are met
- Meet with the Storyboard Director to discuss artist performance of the crew
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a board artist. Some experience in leading/coaching a team - either formally or informally - is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- 3D boarding experience preferred
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people, and for good reasons! Bardel offers work on exciting high-profile projects, industry-leading benefits, a generous compensation/benefits package, and a fantastic company culture fueled by career development and artistic skill enhancement. Every day you will collaborate with other influential, career-minded, creative professionals from around the world.
What we want to see in your application:
Why YOU are the right fit for this position
A demo link to your most current work. This is a chance to show off your best work!
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for our current opening(s).
Candidates applying from outside of British Columbia must be willing and able to relocate to British Columbia, Canada (either working in-studio or remote in BC). Bardel's talent mobility program offers support to candidates in obtaining proper work authorization and residency. Note, employment prior to relocation begins as independent contracts.