At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for a Storyboard Revisionist to join our Vancouver studio team. Reporting to the Storyboard Supervisor, the revisionist will be responsible for revising digital storyboards to meet and enhance the aesthetic, creative and technical quality requirements of the production. Aside from first-rate drawing skills, you'll need speed, the ability to take and interpret direction, and a knack for adding great poses and expressions to punch up specific scenes.
What you will be doing:
- Perform Storyboard revisions based on notes and meetings with the Storyboard Supervisor and other team members.
- Work with the Supervising Director and Storyboard Supervisor to revise the story, plan shots, and draw panels based on scripts.
- Produce strong boards that clearly convey the character’s intent, timing and action.
- Maintaining awareness of the series/show’s continuity, and ensuring the style and quality of the production is consistently met in storyboard work.
- Adhere to the quality and style of the show to ensure that consistency is achieved.
- Meet all project deadlines and milestones whilst following the Storyboard Supervisor revision notes.
- Improve the scenes or sequences in the storyboards by making them as clean and readable as possible, adding visual appeal when possible.
- Communicating progress or issues with Storyboard Supervisor, to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Actively participate in team / department meetings.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 2 or more years’ experience as a storyboard revisionist on an animated series or feature
- You possess a strong understanding of filmic storytelling principles and techniques.
- You are known for both your drawing skills and your comedic sensibility!
- Strong knowledge of 3D animation limitations and takes this into consideration when doing revisions.
- Ability to work digitally.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner.
- Strong drawing skills and sense of design with a solid understanding of posing, acting, timing and composition.
- Able to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Reliable with strong time-management skills.
- Superior knowledge of Toon Boom Storyboard Pro.
How to apply:
Please apply below in this form or visit our Job Portal to apply.
*All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC.