Bardel’s Vancouver studio is currently recruiting for an experienced Art Director to develop the overall visual style for one of our new 3D productions.
What you will be doing:
- Develop overall visual style and supervise the creation of all visual elements
- Generate artwork in areas of specialization which may include character, environment, props, textures, mood, lighting, and story concepts.
- Ensure high level quality for all backgrounds and designs, maintaining the Director’s overall vision for the production
- Supervise design team and assign tasks, ensuring deadlines are met and production schedule is adhered to
- Mentor and coach team of designers, clearly communicating the Director’s vision
- Integrate colour style and textures into character designs and 3d models
- Collaborate with CG Supervisor and CG Team to ensure artistic integrity of the design aesthetic is consistent through to lighting
- Participate and advise in all creative look of picture meetings
- Partner with Line Producer and recruiting department to staff design team as needed
- Ensure all artwork is delivered on time according to production schedule
What you bring with you:
• 5+ years of Art Director experience in animation industry
• Experience managing a large team of designers
• Unique style – fun, appealing and a bit cartoony
• Knowledge of relevant software including photoshop
• Collaborative team-focused approach
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers industry-leading benefits, generous compensation, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects.
How to apply:
Please fill out the application below or visit our Job Portal (https://boards.greenhouse.io/bardelentertainment) to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Candidates applying from outside of British Columbia must be willing and able to relocate to British Columbia, Canada (either working in-studio or remote in BC). Bardel's talent mobility program offers support to candidates in obtaining proper work authorization and residency. Note, employment prior to relocation begins as independent contracts.