2D Harmony FX Artist
Bardel Entertainment Inc.
1523 west 3rd Avenue Vancouver BC V6J 1J8
At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
Do you have production experience as a 2D FX Artist? We are currently recruiting for an artist with at least 1 year of experience to join our Vancouver studio team. The FX Artist will be responsible for creating and conceptualizing hand-drawn 2D FX sequences which meet the aesthetic, creative, and technical quality standards of the production.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate a broad range of hand drawn 2D FX abilities in a collaborative environment
- Create natural and supernatural effects (i.e. water, smoke, dust, lightning, bubbles, fire, storms, explosions, etc.) which contribute to the scene
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative FX animation technologies
- Communicate sound solutions to technical and creative issues
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
What you bring with you:
- Must have 1-2 years of FX experience from a production environment (animation, vfx, gaming) or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience with hand drawn fx such as smoke, fire, water, and transformations are required.
- Knowledge of Toonboom Harmony animation software
- Strong knowledge of 2D animation principles
- Working proficiency of English
Start date: As soon as possible
Term of Employment: Project-based contract
Work Hours: 40 per week
Hybrid Work Schedule: Remote work available
Weekly Wage: $1160/week to 1250/week ($29 to $31.25/hour)
- Extended medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Matching RRSP
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume, demo reel/personal website link to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
* All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC.