We are looking for exceptionally talented Junior Developers to join our award-winning fintech company that displaces payment and banking inefficiencies worldwide since 2010. We have recently announced a strategic partnership with Visa, allowing us to accelerate our expansion in Europe, North America and the Middle East.
Bankable can power any product or service which involves collecting funds, storing funds and paying funds irrespective of the currency and the payment methods used. Our real-time cross-border digital and payment solutions are used by global corporates and banks such as ABN Amro, Emirates and Airbus as well as scale-ups such as Glovo and Spendesk.
Everyone at Bankable is encouraged to take initiative and has the flexibility to grow and shape their careers based on ambitions and interests.
As a Junior Software Engineer you will be working as part of a well established, forward thinking platform development team where you will use your knowledge and experience to devise and develop solutions whilst learning from some of the best technical minds in the industry.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for Software Engineering, understands the value of what Technology brings as well as wanting to learn about the FinTech and Payments industry. You will be up-skilled in multiple technologies whilst contributing by developing new functionalities and enhancing existing features as we expand into new markets and continue to innovate.
You will be reporting into one of our Technical Leads, working in an agile environment and collaborating with other software engineers part of our cross-functional team.
- Developing software in a number of programming languages including Java, C++ and PostgreSQL/SQL
- Be a key contributor of development, analysis and design
- Designing, developing and testing system enhancements/ changes
- Producing technical analysis/ design documents/ specifications as required
- Producing and justifying estimates for development tasks
- Being a key member of our cross-functional development team
- Good understanding of Back End Programming Languages (Java and/or C++) particularly on Lunix and Windows.
- A solid understanding of relational databases and their uses (PostgreSQL, SQL, MySQL)
- Experience/ Extra-Curricular experience working within an agile development team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams from multiple business groups and functional areas to deliver high impact.
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or related technical field (Mathematics, Physics, Computing).
- Have a passion for solving complex problems.
- You are a team player and collaborate well with others.
- You are actively involved in the software community, attending events/meetup's.
- Have good communication and literacy skills.
- Work at a fun, fast-paced FinTech based in Europe’s largest technology accelerator Level39 (Canary Wharf, London). In addition to awesome views of London, our office offers unlimited coffee brewed by a slick Nespresso machine, fresh fruit for breakfast and freshly baked cookies every day at 3pm!
- Competitive salary
- A collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to take the initiative
- You will have the flexibility to grow and shape your career within Bankable, based on your interests and ambitions