Bankable is an award winning fast paced FinTech providing a payments platform for developing solutions including virtual accounts, virtual & plastic prepaid card programmes, e-wallets & light banking solutions. We are currently experiencing exponential growth with a client base ranging from global corporates, banks and insurers, to SME's and FinTechs.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Developer to join our platform development team.
As a senior member of the development team you will use your experience to devise and develop outstanding solutions while also mentoring more junior team members.
You will develop new functionality and enhance existing features as we expand into new markets and continue to innovate.
Our platform is operated in a Platform as a Service model, servicing many clients through direct API integration and/or white labelled solutions.
We therefore focus on building a robust, innovative and flexible core product we take to market.
- Developing software in a number of programming languages including Java, C++ and PL/pgSQL
- Leading development of specific features or components
- Be a key contributor overseeing aspects of analysis and design
- Designing, developing and testing system enhancements / changes
- Producing technical analysis / design documents / specifications as required
- Producing and justifying estimates for design / development tasks
- Working with Support to explain and handover new functionality
- Discussing business requirements with end users and / or analysts from other project teams and recommending possible solutions / options
- Mentoring more junior staff
- Extensive experience developing distributed enterprise scale applications
- Experience of working with multiple languages such as Java, C++, Scala...
- Experienced working on PostgreSQL database or other large scale database
- Experience delivering on a cloud based platform such as GCP or AWS
- Excellent Java and good C++ software development skills, particularly on Linux and Windows
- Expert in distributed high availability, secure, transaction based system development
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and able to converse with people in a wide range of functions
- Quick to pick up ideas and understand new concepts
- Have good documentation / literacy skills which will be shown on a clear and succinct CV with excellent account of personal achievements on projects.
- Can motivate and mentor others
- Can work under pressure
- Flexible to changing priorities / strategies
- Have previous work experience as an developer in the payments or FinTech industries (Not mandatory)
- Fluent in English (oral & written) – other languages are a big plus
What we will offer you
- Work at a fun, fast-paced FinTech based in Europe's largest technology accelerator Level39 (Canary Wharf, London). In addition to awesome views of London, our office offers unlimited coffee brewed by a slick Nespresso coffee machine, fresh fruit for breakfast, and freshly baked cookies for snacking every day at 3pm!
- A collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to take the initiative and can see the immediate impact of your work on a daily basis
- You will have the flexibility to grow and shape your career within Bankable, based on your interests and ambitions
- We are a close-knit international team participating in numerous industry and team events