Who We Are:
Bandwidth is looking for collaborative full-stack engineers who are excited about helping us build highly scalable solutions that enable companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom to communicate more effectively with their customers. In joining Bandwidth, you’ll join a global communications software company that was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Developer who gets things done and loves developing world-class, highly scalable, cloud based applications. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new web framework, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
Our product development teams are responsible for developing orchestration, integration, and automation tools that power global communications applications. We’re looking for software developers who will design and develop solutions, from proofs of concept to the production releases on our Messaging, Voice and Emergency teams.
- Develop, deliver and support highly scalable, cloud based applications to solve some of Bandwidth’s most complex business problems through creating and maintain REST APIs, customer-facing dashboards, and the infrastructure that powers it all
- Contribute to solutions from start to finish, collaborating across teams to iteratively ship value.
- Your team will have full end-to-end ownership of the services you create, from design and development to operations and monitoring in production
- Work with a team of developers with experience with distributed microservices and full stack systems.
- Work closely with product managers to create solutions that deliver the power to communicate.
What You’ll Need
You are the right candidate if…
We have opportunities in our teams for developers at all levels. As an example, people currently in this role typically have:
- You are very passionate about your craft of building services with programming languages such as Java, C#, or Go
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
- You enjoy having a mission-focus, solving complex problems at scale, and working closely with stakeholders to continually improve the customer experience and application reliability
- You enjoy an iterative, MVP-first environment.
- You enjoy helping others be successful
- You are consistently innovating while actively reducing the complexity and increasing scalability and security across the software you develop
- You enjoy having your head in the Cloud (particularly the AWS Cloud)
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You have experience in Java and Spring.
- An understanding of network protocols, HTTP, and REST
- You’ve built and deployed applications in the cloud (such as AWS or GCP)
- You have experience with test automation patterns and frameworks
- You have experience with scale and performance optimization.
- You have experience with relational and non-relational database systems.
- You have experience with front-end technologies (React or Angular for extra points)
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop and Internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- Mobile allowance
- Health & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- Meal vouchers and gift vouchers
- Gym reimbursement
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes
- Free access to a Udemy business licence account to further enhance your learning
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years + Deferred bank holidays (public holidays that fall in weekends can be taken on any other day)
- Bandwidth applies the salary tax exemption to our software programmers
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off - not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.