Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth's APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Data Infrastructure Intern who has passion for data and data technologies to join our Data Infrastructure team for Summer 2023. As a member of this team, you will get an opportunity to gain hands on experience in data infrastructure activities and help the team in building our infrastructure platform.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in design & implementation of data infrastructure components
- Create automation to facilitate self-service around our data platform
- Gather technical requirements and propose solutions to the team
- Create design & implementation documentation
- Gain knowledge on operating and managing data infrastructure components
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience
- Familiarity with data warehousing, relational database or data streaming concepts
- Familiarity with Ansible or any other configuration management software
- Familiarity with Linux system administration
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees called Bandwidth Cares
- Fitness: 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
- As a member of our intern program, you’ll obviously gain some great professional experience. You’ll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth’s business.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.