Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth's APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We're looking for a Software Development Intern to join our team for Summer 2023 who is hungry for real-world experience on our Bandwidth Voice Provisioning Team. We're seeking somebody who loves building things, loves learning things, and aspires to be a great engineer in the future. Ideally, we'll find somebody who comes back to work with us full time upon graduation.
Optimizing, enhancing, and re-imagining legacy services has never been more fun or rewarding. If you want to learn about and produce code that improves the lives of your co-workers and
customers, then we’d like to talk to you.
What You'll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code
- Experience first hand what it’s like to be a member of a fast-paced software development team working to enhance and improve existing Voice products.
- You’ll collaborate with our engineers to build and refactor code that is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of complexity.
- You’ll get exposed to new techniques and technologies, and will get great feedback on your work that will help you advance your skills as a software engineer.
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or an equivalent course of study
- 0-3 years of experience or familiarity with Java and Java Frameworks
- Understanding of object-oriented programming & design
- Basic knowledge of Git (or another source control system)
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees called Bandwidth Cares.
- Fitness: 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
- As a member of our intern program, you’ll obviously gain some great professional experience. You’ll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns
from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth’s business.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.