Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth's APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
As a member of our Software Infrastructure team, you’ll get to build and expand the “paved road” of how software makes its way from our keyboards to our customers. You’ll be responsible for making our Software Engineers happy and productive. We’re looking for people who get excited about building tools and services to improve the day to day experience of Software Engineers.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build and maintain Bandwidth’s software platform used by our software engineers.
- Empower our teams to build great software, simply and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain first class developer tooling.
- Measurably improve build times and overall developer productivity.
- Play a critical role in making Bandwidth a great place to be a software engineer.
What You Need:
- 5+ years experience building and operating web services in production environments
- Experience deploying and operating services in cloud environments such as AWS
- Experience with platform services (CI/CD, Config/Secrets Management, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A results driven approach
- You have startup experience, or generally work in an environment with independent work and less defined requirements
- You have worked on a Software Platform team in the past
- You’ve written cloud infrastructure as code (Cloudformation, Terraform, CDK, etc.)
- Experience building tools or services used by other developers (OSS projects are great)
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO - not even with email
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.