Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We are looking for a Learning and Development Intern to join our team for Summer 2022! This intern will report to the Director of Learning and Development and will help coordinate, create, and evaluate learning solutions for our global teams.
What You'll Do:
- Design and develop digital instructional materials, create interactive and engaging content, and build effective learning experiences.
- Create learning assets for delivery via asynchronous e-learning along with all requisite deliverables such as presentations, participant/facilitator guides, and assessments.
- Support department leaders to ensure curricular material, intranet pages, learning events, documentation, and other content is accurate and ready for participant use.
- Assist with curricular development efforts of teammates by participating in needs analysis, task analysis, project management, and instructional design.
- Work with the team to maintain curricula alignment to business processes and goal relevance, also assist in effectively translating business requirements into required deliverables.
- Coordinate and curate learning resources for curriculum portfolio.
- Collect and asses learning evaluation results for evaluation reports.
What You Need:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Learning & Development, Training, Education, Communication/Media Relations, Sociology or Psychology or equivalent course of study
- Experience with Google and Microsoft products preferred, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Preferred experience with Articulate 360 preferred or other educational technology such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience (or) understanding working with instructional design tools, LMS, Curated content, and web conferencing platforms.
- Experience (or) understanding of designing curriculum and storyboarding ideas for learning programs.
- Familiarity with audio/video editing tools
- Students should be a ‘people person’, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility is important, as you will be joining a versatile and agile content creation team.
- Collaborative team player who can also can work independently
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information at all times
- strong attention to organizational and grammatical detail
- Self-starter who can take initiative and set priorities
- Working towards a Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Learning & Development, Training, Education, Education Technology, Communications/Media, Sociology or Psychology, or equivalent course of study
- Experience writing and storyboarding ideas for learning programs.
- Experience working with Articulate 360, Workday Learn, and Camtasia
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.