Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
As a Data Analyst Intern, you will work to automate the detection and troubleshooting of service impacting events during Summer 2022. You’ll use vast amounts of data, as well as statistical and analytical methods to support the Network Operations teams. You’ll also work to improve network operations across the organization by using creative thinking and problem solving in a dynamic environment. You’ll have wide flexibility to build data-driven solutions for problems defined by leadership and stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Use analytical tools and statistical techniques to build ways for identifying, analyzing, and troubleshooting anomalies, trends and patterns found in network data
- Use data analysis techniques and methods to get accurate and actionable insights across multiple datasets
- Work with development teams to request improvements for statistical techniques and reporting methods
- Work with network ops engineering teams as customers to optimize data-driven workflows; and provide actionable data solutions, data visualization, and analysis results
What You Need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, computer sciences, or related fields
- Experience using statistical methods, data mining, and analytics techniques on large datasets, including at least one of Python, R, or SQL
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with high attention to detail, and the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and take ownership of issues, and willingness to overcome challenging problems while identifying opportunities for improvement
- Experience within telecom, networking, financial, or other technical, data-driven businesses are a plus
- Knowledge of software development
- Any technical certifications
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.