Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We’re looking for an Intern Site Reliability Engineering Intern who gets things done and is capable of learning to be a leader on a self-organized Agile durable team. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over automating the complex and love using creativity to eliminate toil, we’d like to talk to you.
What You'll Do:
You’re going to learn how to scale and automate our world. You will be an Intern member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, and a contributing voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts. You’ll collaborate with peers to build and refactor systems that are both repeatable and reliable. You’ll be part of the charge for the next evolution of how we measure and alert on overall system health. You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it, and you’ll originate ideas and activities that advance our craft.
What You Need:
- You have a passion for the intersection of code and infrastructure
- You are very familiar with a programming language such as Java, Python or GoLang
- You like to automate manual processes
- You have some experience with CI/CD oriented build, test and release automation
- You have a fundamental understanding of IP networking, web protocols, and REST
- You have dabbled with various RDBMS’s
- You have experience with a containerization platform like Kubernetes, Openshift, Docker Swarm or Nomad
- You have experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have experience with real-time communications protocols such as SIP, RTP, or webRTC
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.